A popular manufacturer of IMM
Battenfeld is a well-known name in the manufacturing industry, particularly in the field of plastics processing machinery. Founded in 1876 in Vienna, Austria, Battenfeld has a long history of producing high-quality, reliable machines for injection molding, extrusion, and blow molding.
The company has grown significantly since its inception, with subsidiaries and production facilities around the world, including Germany, China, the United States, and Mexico. In 1993, Battenfeld merged with the German company Wittmann, which specializes in automation and robotics for the plastics industry.
Battenfeld’s product line includes a wide range of machines for various applications, from small injection molding machines for producing plastic parts for consumer products to large-scale extrusion machines for manufacturing pipes and profiles. They also offer a range of ancillary equipment such as dryers, conveyors, and temperature controllers to support the plastics processing process.
One of Battenfeld’s strengths is their focus on innovation and technology. They are constantly developing new machines and improving existing ones to meet the evolving needs of their customers. For example, they have developed injection molding machines with hybrid drive systems that combine hydraulic and electric technology to reduce energy consumption and increase precision. They also offer machines with special features for specific applications, such as multi-component injection molding machines for producing parts with multiple colors or materials.
Battenfeld is also committed to sustainability and eco-friendliness in their manufacturing processes. They have developed machines with energy-efficient drive systems and have implemented recycling programs for materials used in their production processes. They also offer consulting services to help their customers optimize their production processes to reduce waste and energy consumption.
In addition to their product line, Battenfeld offers a range of services to support their customers, including training and technical support, spare parts, and maintenance and repair services. They also offer consulting services to help customers optimize their production processes for maximum efficiency and profitability.
Overall, Battenfeld is a leading manufacturer of plastics processing machinery with a strong reputation for quality, innovation, and customer support. Their commitment to sustainability and eco-friendliness, as well as their focus on developing new technologies to meet the needs of their customers, make them a valuable partner for businesses in the plastics industry.
A wide range of injection molding machines
Battenfeld offers a wide range of injection molding machines for various applications and production needs. Here are some of the main models in their product line:
- HM: The HM series is a hydraulic injection molding machine designed for precision and reliability. It offers a wide range of clamping forces and shot sizes to meet the needs of various applications.
- HM duo: The HM duo series is a two-platen hydraulic injection molding machine that combines high precision with energy efficiency. It offers a larger mold space and higher shot volume than the HM series.
- HM-MP: The HM-MP series is a hybrid injection molding machine that combines hydraulic and electric drive technology for improved energy efficiency and precision. It is suitable for a wide range of applications and offers a high degree of flexibility.
- Microsystem: The Microsystem series is a compact, modular injection molding machine designed for high-precision molding of small parts. It is suitable for medical, automotive, and electronics applications, among others.
- Multi-component: Battenfeld offers a range of multi-component injection molding machines for producing parts with multiple colors or materials. These machines use different injection units to inject different materials into the mold simultaneously.
- All-electric: Battenfeld’s all-electric injection molding machines offer high precision and energy efficiency with no hydraulic oil. They are suitable for cleanroom environments and applications that require high cleanliness and hygiene.
- Servo-hydraulic: Battenfeld’s servo-hydraulic injection molding machines use servo motors to control the hydraulic system, reducing energy consumption and improving precision. They are suitable for a wide range of applications and offer high flexibility.
Overall, Battenfeld’s injection molding machines are designed to meet the needs of various industries and applications, offering high precision, energy efficiency, and reliability.
On the IMM market since 1876
Battenfeld was founded by Carl Battenfeld in 1876 in Vienna, Austria. Carl Battenfeld was a mechanical engineer who started the company as a producer of weaving machines. Later, the company shifted its focus to manufacturing machinery for the plastics industry, becoming a leading producer of injection molding machines, extrusion machines, and blow molding machines. Battenfeld’s legacy continues today through its commitment to innovation and technology in plastics processing machinery.
Today, part of Wittmann Battenfeld GmbH
In 1993, two major players in the plastics processing machinery industry, Battenfeld and Wittmann, merged to create a new company that combined their expertise and resources. The new company was named Wittmann Battenfeld GmbH and became a leading producer of injection molding machines, automation and robotics systems, and auxiliary equipment.
The merger between Battenfeld and Wittmann was seen as a strategic move that would allow the two companies to pool their resources and strengths to better serve their customers. Battenfeld brought its expertise in injection molding machines and extrusion machines, while Wittmann brought its experience in automation and robotics systems for the plastics industry.
The merger also allowed Wittmann Battenfeld to expand its global presence, with subsidiaries and production facilities in Europe, North America, and Asia. The company’s headquarters are located in Kottingbrunn, Austria.
Today, Wittmann Battenfeld is a leading producer of plastics processing machinery and equipment, with a product line that includes injection molding machines, extrusion machines, blow molding machines, robots and automation systems, and ancillary equipment such as dryers and temperature controllers.
The company’s focus on innovation and technology continues to be a driving force behind its success. Wittmann Battenfeld has developed a range of advanced technologies for plastics processing, such as hybrid drive systems for injection molding machines that combine hydraulic and electric technology to reduce energy consumption, and robotic systems that improve efficiency and precision in plastics production.
The merger between Battenfeld and Wittmann was a pivotal moment in the history of the plastics processing machinery industry. It brought together two leading companies to create a new entity that has become a major player in the global market. Today, Wittmann Battenfeld continues to build on its legacy of innovation and excellence, offering state-of-the-art solutions for the plastics industry.